questions we've been askedRead Now
We're getting some good questions lately, and even if we've covered many in emails & handbook we realize there is a lot to absorb, so thought we'd post the answers for all of you here on the blog. Check back regularly and we'll keep updating the blog as we get more questions. We don't mind answering as long as you're asking.
1. Will the lodges have hair dryers in the bathrooms?
ANSWER: yes, I asked Keven, of Lion's Safari and he assured me they do provide them.
2. Should we drink bottled water & boiled water?
ANSWER: yes, for sure, be careful about the water. We will have bottled and boiled water provided with meals and on the safari.
3. What about bathroom stops? If we have to stop frequently what will happen on the game drive?
ANSWER: provisions will be made for those whose bladders are in need of frequent stops. You can let us know if this is a problem for you and we may have a van organized with that need in mind. Mark feels your pain and empathizes, so don't hesitate to let him know if you are in that camp.
4. Will there be a shuttle at the airport to take us to the hotel?
ANSWER: yes, I sent you all that information and if you didn't get it, call me or look at this blog where there is another post with that information.
5. What about tips? Are you paying them?
ANSWER: We pay the hotel and restaurant tips. You need to provide at least $150 per person for your guide and if he does an excellent job and you would like to provide additional reward, it would be very appreciated.
6. Will we be able to get Tanzanian Shillings when we arrive?
ANSWER: yes, we advise you to have a debit card with a pin number to be able to withdraw money from debit machines or banks. These are readily available. Laundry services, tips and souvenirs are all best paid in shillings. We suggest you get approximately $100 in shillings for sundry purposes.
7. Will we need to be tested if we have had a covid vaccination, but not the latest booster?
ANSWER: No... not at this time.
8. What gifts should we bring for the school children?
ANSWER: This is totally optional, but we suggest crayons, colored pencils, paint brushes, paints, coloring books, sticker books, drawing books, reading books, etc. Don't bring too much. Keep it simple. There are 35 of us, so if everyone brings a little bit it adds up.
Text me at 801.669.1777 with any questions you still have and we'll answer them. (liz)