We've been asked to share the names of those traveling in the February Safari group so you can see if previous Proctor friends are joining you for this new adventure. We aim to please, so here are the names. We will share contact info of those who wish to share when we are on the trip and the photos will be printed in the handbook we send mid-January to give you a head-start in getting to know everyone. There are still a few spots left if you have friends who would like to join us since two couples had to drop out this week due to health troubles. Here's our list of adventurers who will join the Proctors & Stoddards:
Now that you've got your airline reservations for the Grand African Safari it's time to start the Tanzania Visa process. This may seem daunting at first, but we are here to answer questions and help with the process.
A.. Online location: Tanzania eVisa - Welcome (immigration.go.tz)
You can only apply for one eVisa per person. This means that if you are preparing a trip with your family or in a group you have to make sure that everyone has theirs.
MULTIPLE ENTRY VISA (USA NATIONALS VISITING FOR HOLIDAY/TOURISM)
* A recent passport size photo of the applicant;
* Copy of the applicant’s valid passport (biographic data page);
* Return Ticket of the flight;
* 100 USD Visa fee;
Again, getting visas online will immensely save time at Kilimanjaro International Airport arrival! If things are too difficult online, this still an option.
C. Our first customer to begin this visa process last month faced some difficult questions and now we have the answers to make the process easier for the rest of the group: Here are the key questions Greg asked and the answers from Lion Safari you will need to have:
1. Greg: "The first question I needed help with asked for “Host". The choices were "Tanzanian citizen, Company/Organization, Self, Resident with pass, and Resident with permit.” As a placeholder, I chose "self" but didn't know whether it should instead be "company/organization" with a name provided by you.
A) Full Name - Lions Safari Intl., Ltd.,
B) Mobile No: +255 684 488 424
C) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
D) Relationship: Tourist
E) Physical Address: No. 246, Sakina, Arusha, TZ
F) Company name/ Organization registration No: Lions Safi Intl. LTD/ 9783
2) Greg: There was a question asking for “Accommodation" type, and the choices were “Hotel, Motel, Apartment". Again as a placeholder, I chose "hotel" but it also asked for a "physical address".
Answer: Use Momella Wildlife Lodge, c/o Lions Safari Intl., Ltd., Box 999, No. 246, Sakina, Arusha, TZ Mobile: +255 684 488 424 Email: email@example.com
3) Greg: Another question was “Traveling with group or organization?". I tentatively answered "yes" and put in "Bucket List Cruises and Tours". Is that correct or should there be a different local group or organization name?
Answer: Yes, it is correct to indicate your organization, Bucket List Cruises & Tours.
4) Greg: My final question needing your input asked whether or not we would be “Accompanied by minors". I am not certain whether that was intended to mean in our immediate party, or in the entire group.
Answer: Each visa application is unique/specific to the person – not entire group. No one is bringing a minor with this group.
Note: special thanks to Greg Brown who submitted these timely questions - you can thank him when you meet him in Africa! ;-D
JANUARY 4, 2023
NOTE from Mark
I just completed and paid for my visa. Here are some tips:
1. The information above is perfect. Easy to enter.
2. The tougher page is the picture page.
3. Once you have completed all of the information requested (and it really doesn't take long to enter the information), save your work. It uses a blue bar on the lower right that says Save and Continue. Hit that and it's saved.
4. On the photo page, here are the 3 photos and recommendations:
1) Headshot picture. Just shoot a headshot picture of you against a whiteish background.
Save it so it is smaller than 300 kilobytes. If you have trouble doing that, send the picture to me and we'll size it for you. Save it to an easy file where you'll place the rest of the pictures listed below.
2) Passport picture. This is a photo you can take with your phone of JUST the page with your picture, not the signature page on the page next to it. Again, save it so it is less than 300 kilobytes (KB).
3) Proof of departure portion of your airline ticket. If you can find a single sheet with just your flight leaving JRO (Mt. Kilimanjaro airport), either make a screen shot of it or make a PDF of it. It appears that you can print a pdf by entering your 6 digit flight confirmation number into the Delta website (delta.com) and clicking the pdf icon at the top right hand side of the page. The only flight really needed is from JRO to AMS but you'll probably get the entire package.
Once you've attached all 3 pictures, hit the Save and Continue. If it does not exit out of this to the final payment pages within a minute, check each of the 3 picture requests to see if they've left you a note that something is wrong. With mine, it was the pictures were too large. If you need help resizing them, send them to me. The other problem might be that where it asked for JPEG (jpg), you gave them PDF or vice versa. Just submit what they ask for -- I didn't and thought they were the problem. I was, and I fixed it quickly and all was well.
If you have trouble, call me (Mark) at 801-669-1776.