Here's the list of everyone's schedule that we will provide to our hosts in Africa to make sure we have people to meet us at the airport and to get us there for departure. Please double check to make sure your times are listed correctly and let Liz know if there is an error. 801.669.1777.
December 7 - VISA UPDATE - I have been trying to pay for my visa online for the past 24 hours. After consulting with our Tanzanian host, we have determined it may be easier to just purchase our visas when we arrive in the airport.
Be aware this may mean waiting in line, but our experience in February 2023 was this was a very short line. Compared with the hassle of sizing photographs and getting online payment accepted, it may take less time at the airport. So it is your choice. If you choose to purchase your visa at the airport you will need to have the following with you:
1. Your passport
2. A printed copy of your return flight from JRO
3. $100 cash
4. The visa info card I will send that has the host info printed so you can fill out the visa form described below.
ONLINE VISA APPLICATION
Here are a few things to know before you start:
a. The cost is $100 - You will pay online by credit card if you decide to get an online visa.
b. You can start the online process and stop part way through and go back to finish later if you can't complete in one sitting. Just save your visa number in a secure place so you can go back to it later.
c. You will need the following:
.1. Your passport number with issue and expiration dates
2. a headshot of yourself similar to a passport photo (square, white background)
3. a photo of your passport photo page sized no larger than 300 mb.
4. a screen shot of your airline itinerary that looks like a ticket (see my sample below)
To start go to https://visa.immigration.go.tz/start
1. You will need to apply for a multi-entry visa
2. We are flying into JRO which also is known as KIL (Kilimanjaro)
3. Your host is "Company/Organization"
4. Full Name: Lions Safari Intl, Ltd
5. Host email: email@example.com
6. Relationship: tourist
7. Mobile No:+255 684 488 424
8. Company name/ Organization registration No: Lions Safari Intl., Ltd.,/9783
9. Physical Address: Box 999, No. 246, Sakina Rd, Arusha, TZ
Where are you going to stay? answer: hotel
12. Organization name: Bucket-list Cruises and Tours
13. Accompanied by minors? no
14. Photos of head shot and passport must be no larger than 300KB so make them 72 dpi See the photo sizes below. If you need help sizing your photos, call or text Liz and I'll help. 801.669.1777
15. When I finally got my photos and my tickets uploaded and got to the payment page the button "Request Control Number" showed up. When I clicked it, I got the message "control number not available right now please try again later. Finally, a day later my control number was produced and I was sent on to the payment page. Here was where my journey has ended.
I've spent more than an hour putting in various credit cards only to see that the payment didn't go through. I waited a day and tried again with the same results. So, I've called and talked with our host who assures me that it is entirely possible to get our visas at the airport with much less hassle.
Apparently the online system is not working well at this time. So if you want to try your luck at it, you are welcome to do so, or if you prefer to wait and get the visa when we arrive, that will work too. When we arrived last February it was not a long waiting line for visas so we have reason to hope it will be the same this coming January.
NOTE: you can copy and paste the answers from this post to your form.
Below are pictures of a couple of pages of the visa form Liz was filling out. Yours will look the same except the question "Is this your first time to visit Tanzania?" If you get to another part and have questions, call and we'll find answers for you or help you figure it out.
I had to size my head shot and passport photo so they weren't too large before they were accepted by the program. If you need me to do this for you, you can send them to me and I will size them for you.
We just did a print screen of our tickets and I put my name on the print. If you would like to send me your tickets, I'll make a print screen with your name on it for you to submit. It has to be 72 dpi so it's not too large. It really just needed to have the departure flight, so this is probably more than what was needed, but we did more to be overly careful.